Posted: 02.07.2010 22:53, Edited: 02.07.2010 08:53
Australia’s Greatest Rides valued at almost 50 million dollars will be on display at Meguiar’s MotorEx on the 24th and 25th of July and competing for $150,000 in prizes, the largest ‘show car’ prize pool ever offered in Australia. Celebrating its 10th Anniversary, this year’s show is guaranteed to be the greatest custom, modified and collectable car show in Australian history.
Four hundred and fifty of Australia’s best hot rods, street machines, tuners, cruisers, custom euro’s, muscle cars, supercars, rare classics and custom bikes from all over Australia will converge on the Sydney Olympic Park to create an amazing visual spectacle of colour, chrome and bling covering 22,000 sq metres.
Australia is home to some of the best modified car builders in the world and at the ‘super elite’ level it is the Meguiar’s Superstars title they all aspire to win. In the custom car world these awards are the equivalent of the Dally M, Brownlow, Allan Border Medal, Aria’s or Logies. This year’s Meguiar’s Superstars final according to Bruce Morrison, Managing Director, Meguiar’s MotorEx, will be the greatest gathering of ‘super elite’ custom vehicles ever seen in Australia. Sixty five of the best show cars ever built in Australia in the past ten years are coming from all over Australia to compete in a one-off Meguiar’s Superstars “Champions of the Decade” competition.
“In addition to being MotorEx 10th Anniversary, it has been twenty years since I started the Meguiar’s business in Australia and ten years since Superstars was conceived, so we wanted to do something really special. We created the series to give back to the owners and builders of Australia’s top cars by recognizing and rewarding excellence and innovation. Doubling the prize pool to over $100,000 makes the whole experience more exciting for everyone involved, while expanding the field to include previous winners makes the title that much more competitive and rewarding for the 2010 Champions. For the public, displaying 65 of Australia’s best ever show cars will create a truly amazing spectacle” said Bruce Morrison. Preview the Superstars finalists at www.motorex.com.au
In Australia for the first time to capture all the excitement and glamour of MotorEx will be America’s top rating and award winning automotive TV program, Car Crazy. Car Crazy will be using MotorEx to showcase Australia’s custom and collectable car scene to countries including the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, India, Central and South America to name a few. The shows will be viewed by over 27 million households.
Other show highlights include:
• Liqui-Moly Street Elite Showcase - an exciting major new competition developed for top end street cars. This category is designed for people prepared to spend what it takes to build their dream car and show it to the world, but also drive it. A total of 120 Street Machines, Hot Rods, Custom Cruisers, Muscle Cars, JDM Tuners and Custom Euro’s all finished to a ‘street elite’ level, yet very street legal, will be fighting it out for the inaugural Pinnacle Trophies and Gold, Silver & Bronze Medals as well as $30,000 in prize money.
• House of Kolor Inauguration – Saturday 24th at 11am when the next generation of blockbuster cars and bikes are unveiled for the first time. Amongst the seven ‘super elite’ cars and three radical bikes is the official Ed Hardy Themed Chopper built by The Snake Charmer.
• Australian’s most spectacular freestyle motor cross performers, ShowTime FMX performing 3 times a day over the weekend. The team will be at their double back flipping best performing breathtaking aerial acts designed to thrill from every vantage point in the showground.
• Shannons Custom & Collectable Vehicle Auction - Sunday 25th at 3.00pm with 40 vehicles and automotive memorabilia going under the hammer including one of Australia’s most important touring cars, the original ‘Greens-Tuf’ Ford Mustang GT raced by Dick Johnson in the mid-1980’s. View lots ahead of the show at www.shannons.com.au
• Muscle Car Marvel is the place to check out and compare 70+ of your favorite factory spec and modified muscle like XR to XB Falcons, Shelby Mustangs, Camaros’, Corvettes’, Impalas’, Monaros’, Toranas’, Dodge Chargers’ and Challengers’. Representing the top Muscle Car clubs in NSW, cars are competing for a perpetual trophy and $5,000 prize pool.
• The Auzrun Supercar Line-Up including a Lamborghini Superleggera, Porche GT3 RS, Ferrari F40, Aston Martin DBS, Ford GT40 and Audi R8. Rarely do you get a chance to indulge in automotive excellence like this. 10 exotic supercars designed for pure driving indulgence on display for your viewing pleasure.
• The Custom Bike Display is proudly presented by Harley-Davidson of Blacktown and is considered the most prestigious of its kind in Australia. Witness over 40 of the most elegant through to the most radical, highly innovative and totally customised choppers and street bikes. All made by built from the ground up and competing for the top motorcycle awards.
• The Australian Army is rolling in with two very different street machines. Armygeddon, a ground shaking purpose-built ‘burn-out’ vehicle and their latest ‘street elite’ 1978 ex Army LTD, Project Digger.
• If the stellar line-up of cars isn’t enough there’s always the great selection of Exhibitors. Up to 60 businesses offering the industry’s best automotive performance and aftermarket products and services will be there to talk to you. So if you’re after tips, ideas or professional advice, MotorEx is the place to find it.
MotorEx ambassador and Aussie Racing car legend John Bowe will be on hand to enthuse any aspiring race driver with his ’69 Mustang Fastback currently a leading contender in the Touring Car Masters series. JB is a true motoring enthusiast. “I am incredibly proud to be the ambassador for Meguiar’s MotorEx. I know for a fact that this is the greatest collection of unique amazing cars ever shown in this country. There is something for every type of car head. If you are into cars like I am, do not miss MotorEx! Bruce Morrison has taken this event and moved it to a new planet, the drive and passion that he has used to make Meguiar’s the best car care product in Australia will make this 10th anniversary MotorEx into a car lover’s dream” said John Bowe.